Especially the comment about the needle in the arm.. Whoa! I do believe that the doctor couldnt find anything - the needles are small, and the flesh does not leave traces of being punctured, but closes up around the needle very quickly.
I once read a thread on Craftster about craft related injuries. It was hilarious, but also very disturbing - are we really so stupid? The answer is: Yes!
- Sewn myself in the finger
- Cut myself silly, 5-6 times, while trying to do Linoleum Carving
- Cut my finger with the rotary cutter
- and with a hobby knife while cutting paper
- Punctured my skin with a knitting needle
- Glued myself to a craft project
- Pinned myself to my sweater, back when I was using my sweater to hold sewing pins
- Gotten a burn mark from pulling a coarse yarn quickly over my wrist
- Cut the flesh between thumb and index finger while plying with scissors
- And, of course, my Super Stupid Needle Stunt of yesterday
- Stuck countless needles and pins into my fingers, under my nails and other tender places
Have a really nice day
PS: I didnt know you read my blog, Nurhanne! I taught myself to knit lace from your website, copying down the line-by-line instructions for little doilies and knitting them with a free, ugly, ginormous ball of Gotland Singleply... Those were the times... ;)